Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The Hurt

"I could never do foster care because it would be so hard when they leave."

That is what I hear a lot.

I was told today that our friend could leave this weekend which is a few days away. My heart is hurting. My heart is wishing we had more time. More time to teach him about Jesus, more time for Matt to hug him, more time for him to hug me, more time for him to learn to read, more time...

But we don't have more time. We have lesss time than I thought we would have.

Yes, my heart is going to hurt when he leaves us. My kids will miss him. Matt will miss him. My house will feel less full and it will be hard BUT this isnt about me or Matt or the kids.

This is fully and wholly about Christ. So for Christ, I will pack his bags, hopefully give him a hug, pray over him and watch him leave.

So yes, I, Megan Knox, could never do foster care because it would be so hard when they leave but Christ has told us to do this and this we will do. We will allow the hurt to grow us, to change us, to make us better.

Really the rest of you are missing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14