Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Update

"How is your Father-In-Law?" I have been asked this question a few times lately.

I apologize for not updating sooner!

As I've said, at least I think I said, I got word of my FIL's illness while Matt was in Kenya. It was Day 5 of him being gone. Five days left on his trip. I can't even begin to tell you how hard it was to get that news and Matt not be here to tell let alone cry with.

I remember worrying that Matt might not make it back in time to see his Dad one last time this side of Heaven. He wasn't aware of the seriousness of his father's health. When Matt left, his Dad had not been feeling well but that was about the extent of it. Things went downhill fast while Matt was away.

Matt got home September 25 and I believed we had very little time.

So, how is my FIL doing?

He went from unable to stay awake for extended periods of time to mowing the church lawn this past weekend.

A miracle. Truly.

"Teach me to number my days that I may gain a heart of wisdom." Ps. 90:12

In my weekly Bible study at the Kirk, we are going over the life of David in 1 & 2 Samuel and the Psalms. Love how God meets you where you are when you need Him to be. This study has been incredibly fitting for our life right now.

My FIL is a an amazing man. His son is just like him. Determined. Calm. Peace that passes all understanding. Gentle. Patient. They don't get flustered. They trust in Jesus wholeheartedly.

Keep praying for our days to be multiplied!

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14