Saturday, October 1, 2016

Perspective

I always thought I had perspective.

That's probably what people say that don't have perspective.

I realize now, I did not have perspective.

That's probably what people say that now indeed have perspective.

The Bible talks of our life as a vapor, "you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away." James 4:14

I always thought I understood just how quickly life can change.

That's probably what people say that have never felt life fall out beneath them.

While Matt was in Kenya,  the family got word that my Father-in-Law has cancer.

Perspective.

A biopsy was ordered and done.

Matt returns home from Kenya and two days later hears even more devastating news on his Hero.

Perspective.
Vapor.

Life literally changed within a matter of days and continues to change quite rapidly.

The man that gave life to my husband, the man that raised my husband, the man that taught my husband the love of Jesus, the man that baptized my husband, the man that prayed for me before he knew me, the man that stood in front of me and married my husband and I, the man my kids call "Grandpa" or "Papa."

He will soon be healed.

Vapor.

"So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90:12

If you don't hear from anyone in the Knox family or we miss an appointment or we fail to ask about something that is important, whatever. Please show every one of us some grace because right now we are hurting but we rejoice in our hurting hearts because God is still oh so very good.

Perspective.

Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14