Monday, December 14, 2009

The Feeling

Isn't there a special feeling this time of year? Do you know what I mean? Do you feel it, the excitement, anticipation and joy?

I was pondering the 'feeling' this time of year offers. I realized that Christian or not, most people seem to have this feeling inside them. They are getting trees ready, the house decorated with what ever they choose, cooking lots of desserts. Most everyone is doing something.

Kind of seems like, in each and every one of us, God has placed this little timer inside that goes off when November hits. (I know December 25 is probably not Jesus' actual birth day, but you know what I mean. God knew when we'd celebrate it.)

It's like that internal timer goes off. We get all excited, some without realizing why. I wonder if that's what the people felt just before Jesus was born? Did they feel it inside? Did they anticipate something great was going to happen? I know Mary and Joseph had the feeling, they were told they were carrying the Savior! So maybe our hearts are feeling the excitement Mary and Joseph felt.

That feeling thousands of years ago has carried through until now. I think that's what it is.... Our hearts are anticipating one of the greatest events.

Jesus' birth.

1 comment:

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14