Friday, June 11, 2010

Food

Lately, I've really been on a cooking binge. I am addicted to Pioneer Woman's cooking website, http://www.tastykitchen.com/ There are SO many recipes for SO many things.

I'll share two of the, run to the store, you gotta make em tonight, your hubby will want to make out with you, recipes.

Here's the link to the first.




I added squash in mine, along with Weber's lemon/pepper seasoning. So good and I don't like fish! This recipe changed my mind, at least towards tilapia. (When I make this again, I'll add more squash.) The recipe said to cook the asparagus for 1 minute. I cooked mine longer and put a lid on it so it would steam. I cooked it until the squash was tender but not falling apart.

Here's the second.

Smoked Gouda & Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops

My picture is blurry, but let me tell you this was so good. I'll give hints.

I used my cast iron skillet because it heats the best on our electric stove.

I didn't get it very hot, so the chops would cook evenly and not burn before they were done.

I stuck a toothpick in them to hold them together.

Even if you hate green onion, use it.

It was a one skillet meal.

My "meat man" pocketed the chops for me. If you have a Meat Man and by meat man I mean a meat market, have them cut the slits for you.

So there's two meals for dinner next week or this weekend. I can say, these two are very simple. I don't cook intricate meals, I don't have the time and they never come out tasting intricate. These were super simple and super delish. Try em!

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14