Friday, June 25, 2010

Reality Check

Warning: This post will be sad.

Last week, when Matt got home, he shared some sad sad news about a co-worker.

I guess the wife of his co-worker was approximately 6 months pregnant. She was having complications and had had many miscarriages prior to this pregnancy.

Matt informed me the baby had died and the wife had to deliver their child.

I lost it. I'm sure Matt lost it on the drive home.

At church the following Sunday, we asked people to pray for them. I lost it again. The sermon was so good & the guest speaker told a story of a father/son relationship involving baseball.

I lost it again. I had to fight going into the ugly cry.

Then last night, Matt said the co-worker was back at work. I asked, "Did you talk to him?"

"No. Megan, I don't know what to say & I'm afraid if I try to talk I'll start crying and he doesn't need that."

"Yeah, I feel like we should do something though. Maybe Matt, the guy just needs a hug."

"Hmmm, ya, you might be right."

So the family buried their first child and I can't stop thinking about them.

Sorry to be so 'debbie downer.' We were just thrown a fastball right down the gut of reality. It's good to get a reality check every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14