Friday, September 17, 2010

A Letter

Have you ever noticed how Paul greeted people in his letters, the sincerity, the passion? Notice how his love of Christ oozed from the words he wrote?

The way he wrote the salutation in his letters, "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." Eph. 1:3

I got oozed on the other day.

I opened a letter from my Compassion child's pastor, Juan.

"Dear Friends,

I kindly greet you in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. May you succeed in your personal life and at home with your family!"

As I was reading Pastor Juan's words, I could feel the rawness of his love for Christ. I could feel his passion for his community, for the kids.

Then a few weeks later, our first letter from our child arrived! I was giddy with excitement.

Our child is three, so she obviously didn't pen the letter, but her father did.

When Matt read the letter, he looked at me and said, "Do you realize this letter came from the hands of our child's father?!"

Honestly, I didn't think that far. But he was right! He held that letter as he wrote in pencil the words he wanted to say to us. He shared his appreciation for us albeit all in Spanish, but someone translated for us below Santiago's words.

On the back someone drew a tree. I love this tree.

As hesitant as I was to get a Compassion Child, it's the best thing we've done in a long time.

I encourage you to go to their site and sponsor a child.

Don't have the money? Yeah, we didn't either. We eliminated the people that come and spray our lawn for weeds. How much was that? The exact amount we pay for our child!

Go check out their site.

www.compassion.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14