Friday, February 11, 2011

First Round

I know everyone is talking about the Blizzard of 2011, Snowpocalypse, Snowmaggedon. I am going to be one of those people. I have to document it because I plan on turning this into a book. I printed 2008, yes I'm way behind it takes a long time to edit, and I plan on doing the same for all years.

The first round of snow hit on February 1. We were warned ahead of time that this storm might pack a punch. When I went to bed on the 31st, the snow had not begun. I started thinking the weather guys were wrong.

Matt woke on the 1st, came back to bed and said, I'm not going to make it to work today. (There was well over a foot of snow.) Which was fine by me! Any day I get him home is a great day in my books. That morning, Cooper sleepily walked into our room. When he saw that his daddy was home, he crawled up in bed purring, and laid with Matt. Yes Cooper purrs.

On the second day, we were still stuck. Highway 75 south was closed and it didn't open until midday on the 3rd. I guess there were cars and semis littering the road, blocking all thru traffic.



The temperature was too cold to play. But by the weekend, it had warmed up and Matt took the kids out until Cooper's face was beet red. He only ate the snow. Chloe rolled around in it like a cat does in the dirt. She was so happy to be out of the house. The kids and I weren't able to go anywhere until the 5th day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14