Thursday, June 7, 2012

Knox Reunion 2012

Knox Reunion at Fin and Feather on Lake Tenkiller. This is our third year at the Fin and we just love it. Could not ask for a better place for a large family to gather, make memories and enjoy each others company.

I took Colbie on a walk the first morning so I could see the lake. This is the view. Just amazing.


Although she doesn't look it, this girl loves the water. She does hate having her picture taken which is why she looks silly.
Part of my crew. All three are very tired.
I'm not sure what this is called other than tight rope walking.
All the kids took a turn.
Coop and his worm.
I'm not sure how many laps they made, but Colbie and Grandpa walked around the pond for quite a while. Colbie was loving it. She was swinging her arm back and forth. That would be the equivalent to a dog wagging its tail.
The infamous tree frog. Cooper found this on a slide at the park. Needless to say, Chloe was absolutely in love. I'm not gonna lie, I kind of was too. It's actually quite rare to find one of these in this part of Oklahoma.
Here is the map of where the American Green Tree Frog is generally located and it is not near Lake Tenkiller. For nerds like Chloe and I, this was very exciting to find.
 Probably one of the coolest things we have found or got to hold... so far. When we let it go, Chloe cried. She was genuinely upset. Someone told her, "This is where he lives. We need to let him stay here." This might work for the general population of kids when you want them to leave a bug or something behind, but these sentences do not work for my child. She has a heart for creatures and the 'run of the mill' adult reasons to leave it behind do not work. Soooo because I felt bad, I promised her a fish when we move.
Cooper being Cooper.
Cousin feet. They are all country kids at heart. I'm not sure why any of them brought shoes because they never wore them. The only reason those pink Crocs are being worn was because she was just given them. They literally ran everywhere barefoot. Makes me laugh. It's fun being a kid.
Cooper being Cooper, again. This is 10 out of the 13 cousins.
Chloe and her frog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14