Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Waterballoon Attack

I saw an idea on the infamously famous Pinterest. The idea was for Christmastime. The concept was a virtual snowball fight using mini marshmallows. I idea was each kid gets a bag of  'snowballs' and attacks the Dad when he walks in the house. Have no fear though, on the door for the Dad to see when he enters the house is his own bag of ammo and a note saying something to the effect of, "Use these."

Since it's been over 100 degrees all week, I thought a pretend snowball fight would just be insulting to our sweaty armpits, so waterballoons became our weapon of choice.

Matt parks across the street, so I placed the following note with a bag of waterballoons, on the the mailbox.


Matt called to say he was on his way. The assailants and I ran outside and hid by the van as he drove up. Matt got out of the truck and I saw him approach the mailbox. "HA!" He said. "Attack!!!" I yelled.
 Kids began launching their balloons at Dad and to their demise, they don't throw hard enough for the balloons to bust on Dad so in turn they had the tables turned and became the vicitms of their own game! Matt tried to get them to pop on him by standing still but those balloons would not bust! The hunters very quickly became prey.


I sat on the porch with Colbie and had the best time watching them all laugh and attack each other. Our next weapon of choice for an upcoming Friday; super soakers. I think the kids will have more success getting Dad with those. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14