Monday, October 1, 2012

KitchenAid Envy

I have drooled over KitchenAid Mixers for the past, oh, four years. 

 Like this yellow beauty. We shall call her Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Isn't she lovely?
Or how about this lovely blue? We shall call her Cinderella. I call these colors, "classic old car colors."

Matt has worked in Tulsa for four years now. Time sure does fly when you are married to a commuter. ha! When he took that job, we knew we would move closer. I would tell Matt at least once every few months, "When we move, the first thing I am buying is a KitchenAid Mixer."

 Then a year passed, then another, then another. Enter the fourth year. We have enough money saved to move and I begin KitchenAid Mixer shopping. We contact a realtor in the Tulsa area and begin the search. Less than 10 houses later, we put an offer on a beaut in Broken Arrow. The realtor told us it was a short sale but he didn't expect it to take longer than three months. "Perfect!" We thought. We could be in our new house early summer and in the neighborhood pool as soon as we pull the U-Haul into the driveway.

We passed the three month mark. Fourth. Fifth.

Once we entered the six month, we were growing anxious, restless and I was fixing to pop out a kid. Matt began having bad feelings about this process and we both knew that meant we needed to back out, so we did.

I mourned the loss of my mint green, I'd name her the princess from that one movie with the frog, but we haven't watched that one, KitchenAid Mixer.

Then it hit me!! If we are going to be here a while, by golly, I am buying a mixer and cleaning out a place to put her! Now I'm off to tell Matt my plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14