Saturday, August 1, 2009

To My Father In Law

Dear Father In Law,

Matt told me that you enjoy my blog. He told me you enjoyed when I got all 'spiritual/Jesus freak/faith challenging/Bible preaching.'

Truth is... I enjoy that stuff too.

I really enjoy writing those types of blogs.

Those blogs come straight from God, to me, to the computer for all the world to read. The only problem? I didn't think anyone was reading them. When I'd post those 'spiritual/Jesus freak/faith challenging/Bible preaching' posts, I didn't think anyone was 'getting' it. I'd poor my heart out there and no one would say, "Man, that was good."

I'm sure you have had that happen after you preached a sermon. You've probably said the same thing, "Are you people getting what God just laid out there for you to hear?"

Because I thought no one was reading, I think I quit listening. Honestly? Those little Jesus analogies I do, would just pop into my head in the middle of the day while I am doing something odd like changing a diaper. I think I have let those Jesus analogies go in one ear and out the other especially during this time of my life...

... but now that I know at least one person is reading, I will post again.

So to my lone reader, my Father In Law, I will make a comeback, I will rise up, I will heed to the analogy Voice and write again.

1 comment:

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14