Monday, October 25, 2010

Rocks

We just got back from a mini vacation to Arkansas with some friends. We stayed in a cabin on the Little Buffalo River. Had a fantastic time!

While there, we did a lot of exploring. The boys did more than I. I'm too large to be hiking all over the place, even though I really wanted to.

On our last morning, the boys took us to a spot on the river where the water pools.

As it leaves the pool, the water runs over a bunch of rocks and carries on its way.

I decided I would cross over the rocks to fish on the other side of the pool. As I was crossing, I was taking note of the rocks.

The rocks ranged in various sizes and colors. But they all had one thing in common; smooth.

Over time, the water of the Little Buffalo, has shaped these rocks into the intricate shapes they are today. They all are touched by the same waters, but these touches effect them in different ways.

I thought it the same about my relationship with God. I am shaped by the same God as you. The way the water, God, shapes you over time is completely different than how He shapes me. Even though we are in the same river, feeling the same water.

God cares enough about each individual rock that when He passes the water over them, He decides their details. "I want this rock to look like this." "I want this rock to feel like this." "I want this rock to have ripples." "I want this one to have a hole that might look odd to my people, but to me it's perfection."

And so forth, he decides their features.The detail He puts in every single rock on the Little Buffalo, He puts in us!

"I want you, Megan, to this experience." "I want you, Megan, to feel smooth, but with this color." "I want you, Megan, to......" And so forth, he decides my features, my experiences.

So as I was stepping on each stone, big and small, I took note of what God is doing in each rock, realizing over time, they will continue to change.

The same goes for me. As the water of life flows over me, I will change daily and hopefully into the beautiful "rock" He visions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14