Monday, June 20, 2011

Weekly "I AM"

Outside my window... it's super duper windy. I think it's going to get nasty tonight. I'm hoping it won't get too bad, but we could use the rain.

I am thinking... that Chloe seems older. She was gone for about five days to Grandma & Grandpa's. When we picked her up, she seemed older. She turns five in 6 weeks; crazy.  About us moving. Matt and I both agree now is just not the time. We really want to be closer to family and out of this neighborhood. The people are nice, but I'm ready for a house that has a yard for my kids. I caught a big ol' bass last week. Matt took the day off, we took the kids to MDO and we headed to a pond. I love fishing with him. I caught a big bass and it was a personal best. On Saturday, we loaded up and went to Bass Pro with a gazillion other dads. We had a mission. We needed new lures, the ones I caught the bass on and a real pole for the kids. We quit buying those cartoon poles. They are worthless. If they get wet, which they always do, they don't work anymore. So we bought a cute little pole for the kids to share. It's not made for kids, but it is perfect for them. The reel is small which is wonderful for their little hands.

I am planning to cook... cod and succotash is tonight. I'm planning a quiche and we'll probably have shredded chicken. When I do the chicken in the crock, it makes around 6 meals! It's becoming our favorite thing to eat. I make black beans with my home made taco seasoning and toss those on the chicken with some lettuce. I bought some Wholly Guacamole and Matt puts that on his. It's like a taco salad. So good.

I am reading... Still working on "The Ambition." I plan on having it nearly finished by next week.

I am hearing...Colbie whine at me and the news. I'm listening to the weather.

I am learning... I'm not sure. I haven't had enough coffee to think about this one.

I am praying... for us to move. There's a lot more on the list, but this is one of the items.
My bass.
While Chloe was gone, we took Cooper to play on the train. He got to ring the bell. 

1 comment:

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14