Monday, November 7, 2011

Weekly "I AM"

"God is our refuge and strength, always ready for help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea." -Psalm 46:1-2

Outside my window... It's been raining, finally. I just saw on Twitter that there is a Tornado Warning in a handful of counties in Oklahoma. I guess a tornado was spotted on the ground. Need I remind everyone that it is indeed November! It looks cold out but the actual temp is in the upper 50's.

I am thinking... I'm rarely ever thinking one thing. A few of the thoughts I've had today are: The verse is to go along with our mega earthquake we had over the weekend. That was some crazy scary fun.

 I'm glad Matt stayed home from work, even if the both of us don't feel great. It's been really nice talking to him, making lunch for him and chatting over the lunch. We rarely have quiet moments, but today we had a semi quiet moment. Cooper was napping, Chloe was at school and only Colbie was up. She was good though. Matt and Cooper have had some bonding time today, cuddling on the couch and watching
cartoons. Coop stayed home from school because he started puking around 4 am.

This headache I have is either from being sick or from lack of coffee due to being sick and unable to keep anything down.

Contrary to the 'rude commentor' on my blog a month or so ago, we actually do support Compassion. They have been on my mind a lot today because a handful of bloggers are going to Ecuador to visit children. I really want to do one of these trips one day.

Church yesterday was about being a hypocrite. I'm sure there are areas in my life when I have been a hypocrite. I just hope if I do or am, that someone would lovingly point that out. I don't want to be one of "those people."

I am planning to cook... Since Matt was home, I made chicken and rice soup for lunch and it will go for dinner and possibly lunch tomorrow. Then, depending on how our bellies feel, I'm planning on a cheesy bean enchilada casserole thing, turkey chili and breakfast.

I am reading... I started reading "Bringing Up Boys." It's really good and I love Dobson, but I also really love reading stories. I'm behind my goal of 26 books in 52 weeks. I've got some catching up to do.

I am hearing... When I started this, I wasn't hearing much. Now, I hear Colbie laughing, Matt cleaning the kitchen, Coop and Chloe talking and watching cartoons. Nice to have everyone home by 4!! Gosh this never happens.

I am praying... For God to show me if I am the hypocrite, us moving and thanking God for all he has given me. I sure am a blessed gal.

This is our sweet Jersy. We have been sponsoring her for almost a year and a half. She is becoming such a lovely woman. We pray for her every night and although we have never met, we love her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14