Sunday, September 11, 2016

Three Sleeps

Three Sleeps.

Matt leaves for Kenya.

I am incredibly excited for him.

People have asked if I am ready.  I mean, how does one get ready to be single mom'ing it for 10 days? Not sure I can.

I am grateful this trip is during school. We will have our routine, the kids will be uber busy, I will be uber busy and I have no doubt the nights will be long but the days fast.

Matt has always wanted to go on an overseas mission trip. He loves his family so much it oozes from him but Jesus resides in him and he has felt a calling to go and serve.

Our church, First Baptist Jenks, has a family living in Kenya that we support. This is awesome because Matt and a group of people wanting to do good, won't just drop in and leave in 10 days. There is an established foundation of support for the people there.

Matt and the others will be doing some construction projects.

So yeah, three sleeps.



No comments:

Post a Comment

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14