Monday, January 21, 2008

28 in 2008






Another year older! Yep, today is my 28th year since my arrival into this sometimes cruel, but yet lovely world. Usually I make a big deal about my birthday, at least to Matt. He knows it's an important day to me and I like for him to do something "special."



When I got up this morning, I walked into the kitchen and Matt had put a bouquet of flowers in a big ol' vase with a hand-made card. Matt is a talented artist, but never draws due to lack of time. This card doesn't look like much, I guess little Miss Chloe Joy wanted to help him out so he made it simple and quick. All of that was nice and sweet, but it was what he wrote inside that had me in tears. I'll spare you the sappy details.

Matt had planned to take me out to eat dinner in Tulsa. His sister was going to watch Chloe for us but, she and I have had runny and stuffy noses the past couple of days and he opted not to bless her or her children with what we have, even if it isn't contagious. So we just got McAlister's to go and ate in the comfort and warmth of our home.

Even though we didn't do anything, I have had a really good day, usually I'm curled up in bed crying b/c the day didn't go how I thought it was going to go. Matt tries to be a creative gift giver, but I'm just much much better than he is. He tries; he's just not as good as I am. It doesn't sound like much and truthfully it isn't, but I'm o.k. with that.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Megan! We are officially in our late 20's... which is a little depressing BUT at least we are not 30 yet :-) Hope all of you are doing well. You need to put a poll on your blog, so people can guess if it's a boy or a girl. I'm still voting for boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt is so sweet, leaving your fave flowers (Gerber Daisy's), He is your perfect fit! I am glad that you weren't crying all day! Look you even got to eat at your fave deli!
    I love your new blogging thing you've got going on, I miss our hour long phone calls every other day....this helps!:)

    ReplyDelete

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14