Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Boy's Love

Apparently, no matter the age, all boys have the same loves.
Trucks.

Then there is the love of a good ol' tractor. This is Little Red- the tractor.
Disregard the stripes behind the tractor. That is my sister in law ensuring this tractor loving boy doesn't fall off.
Little Red was in Mounds on Tuesday. A lady named Geri Gilstrap is an author who is originally from Broken Arrow, but lives on a real farm here in Oklahoma, came to Mounds to read two of her books. Little Red is one character in her book and Big Green is the other. He was too large to bring to Mounds, so Geri told us.
Her books are based around scripture.
I bought the kids her first book, Big Green and Little Red. It teaches that just because you are different you are still important and you have a purpose. The other book is Little Red Learns to Obey. I think it's message is obvious with the title.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed meeting you and your family, Cooper is a cute, happy little boy! Thank you so much for your hospitality and the use of the crib and chair. I know Eric appreciated it.

    I will keep you in my prayers as to your medical issues.

    Janet, (and little peanut Eric) Kim and FP's friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coop looks SO happy in the firetruck and on the tractor. His smile is a mile wide!

    p.s. I thought you said I wouldn't be seen =)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14