Monday, May 9, 2011

Weekly "I AM"

The train we rode. In fact, that is the car we were in.
Outside my window... it is windy as usual. The peonies across the street are losing their sparkle and shine. I wonder why God made the most beautiful flowers only last a moment? The parallel to our life as believers would be, 

"Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." James 4:14

There's also a Robin's egg on the ground. It couldn't have fallen from the tree, so I'm wondering; Do Robin's just have eggs fall out of them? Like a woman going into a quick labor, can an egg just fall out? 

I am thinking... Do eggs just fall out of Robin's? Will Colbie ever learn to take a nap in her bed? About the houses Matt and I looked at over the weekend. How I really need to clean my house. I really believe stuff has baby stuff and the gestation period is like 2 days and what causes stuff to get pregnant is cleaning. A viscous cycle, worse than rabbits! It's also turning into cold coffee weather. Just too hot for this MS'er to have warm drinks. My toes look like a wolverine gnawed on them. I still need that pedicure. I want a hydrangea.

I am planning to cook... I have a few normal recipes on tap. Matt won't be around for a few dinners so I won't cook.  I never cooked a few desserts from last week, so I'll cook those. Also I'm addicted to frappachino's. I don't know how to spell them, I just know how to devour them.

The train ride we took as a family this weekend was so much fun. Colbie was so good and the kids had a wonderful time. Matt and I were able to have dinner by our lonesome for the first time in about 6 months. Thanks to my in-laws for putting up with Clingy Colbie. It was so nice to just be alone with Matt. I sure do love that boy.

Cooper got his ticket punched by one of the many Conductors.
I am reading... still working on Mitch Albom's "Have A Little Faith." Not sure what will be next but I'm thinking I really want to try and read  "Bonhoeffer." It looks really emotional but really good.

I am wearing... I packed the prom dress and the bridal gown, so I'm wearing grubby clothes.

I am hearing... People's Court. I love that Judge. I also hear Chloe sucking her thumb and it drives me bonkers. The neighbor saw wood and it's really loud. There's a little voice in my head saying, "Make iced coffee." I have a feeling I will succumb to it sweet voice.

I am learning... I don't know. Same thing I'm always learning; trust God. 

I am praying... for lots of things. I don't list because I don't like prayer lists.

Something funny Chloe said, 
(Chloe was talking to Grandma)
C: What are those Grandma?
G: June Bugs
C: But it's May.


Mom's Day 2011

The Fam in front of the 940.  This train doesn't move but you can explore on it and in it.

1 comment:

  1. Those are really cute pictures. I bet your kids had a blast.

    ReplyDelete

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14