Saturday, July 23, 2011

Doctor Humor

Having been put through the financial and mental ringer by various doctors prior to my Multiple Sclerosis diagnosis, I thought it would be fun to have some laughs at their expense, free of charge actually.

The following is an excerpt from the letter the neurosurgeon wrote to my insurance company in an effort to 'help' me fight my insurance company. Enjoy!

12/06/05

I would like for her to see Dr. W in Bartlesville who is a psychiatrist to evaluate her probable depression. Additionally, I would like for her to see Dr. D for further evaluation as I do not find any structural cause for her problems. We have ordered some laboratory testing today to see if we can find a metabolic cause for these problems.

I found this letter while cleaning out a file. It cracks me up, now. Depressed? Yea, I was depressed, I couldn't do anything! I thought I was dying! Seriously, something was wrong and I knew depression wasn't the cause. What a dummy.

Moral of my story: Just because they have letters like M.D. or D.O. or FACS or CRAP after their name; doesn't make them very smart. Don't believe everything they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14