Monday, July 25, 2011

Weekly "I AM"

"Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning." -Lamentations 3:21-23

Outside my window...The sun is waking up and the remnants of last nights rain still remain. The base of the trees still have water to left to drink. The grass got a hair cut and the neighbors annoying chihuahua got out and is 'harassing' the local cat. The dog thinks it could take the cat, but this cat is full of street smarts. The dog, lacking street cred, is going to get hit by a car. Even the cats know to look both ways before crossing.

I am thinking... Oh boy am I thinking. The thoughts going through my head are probably for another post. My last remaining Grandmother died over the weekend. We weren't close and by 'we weren't close' I mean we hadn't spoken in 5 years. Not because of tension or anything of that matter, we just hadn't spoken in 5 years. It's not the fact that we hadn't spoken that is haunting me. It's that I never shared Christ's love with her.  I feel an overwhelming sense of guilt. Felt this same way when my Dad's Mom passed. Why is sharing the Gospel with our family so incredibly difficult?

"If the Good News we preach is hidden behind a veil, it is hidden only from people who are perishing." - 2 Cor. 4:3

I am planning to cook... I have no idea. I'm ready for cooler weather so that cooking is fun again. Right now it's just too much work and too hot.


I am reading... "Unbroken" It's another book that takes place during WWII. I'm finding this time period completely fascinating. I'm a sucker for a good redemption story.



I am hearing... when I began this post all I heard was the annoying dog yapping at the cat. Now one of three kids has awaken and is watching Cat In The Hat.


I am learning... Learning the hard way to step out and risk it all, risk it all.


I am praying... for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14