Monday, July 4, 2011

Weekly "I AM"

Outside my window... I see the neighbor has put out his American Flag. It looks really pretty blowing in the wind. It rained last night, so the flowers and trees look a little happier. I'm thankful for my Independence.

I am thinking... about something that happened at church yesterday. It was an amazing moment. Here is the verse that describes the moment. "The father instantly cried out, "I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!" -Mark 9:24

I'm also thinking that my church is awesome. It's AT THE MOVIES time, so if you live near a campus you should really go visit. Each campus decorates their building in the theme of a movie. Our campus did Cars, another campus did Tron, another Kung Fu Panda. It's just a very fun time in our church.

Kids in front of Mater.
I am planning to cook... it's gonna be a light menu this week. Trying to cook one thing that can go for multiple meals. Last night though, I made Spicy Chicken. I'm telling you, if you were to put P.F. Chang's up next the meal last night, one wouldn't be able to tell the difference between home cooked and Chang's. Tasted just like Chang's. You must make it.

I am reading... I finished "The Ambition" and started on a book that was out of my comfort zone. It was called, "Lost in Shangri-La: A true story of survival, adventure and the most incredible rescue mission of World War II." The book arrived on Wednesday and I had it finished by Friday night. I loved this book. I'm so glad I stepped out of my book box and read this book. It was such a great story. Next up might be the "You Can't Make Me But I Can Be Persuaded." It's a parenting book, which will probably just be scanned for pertinent info, then I'll move on to something else.

I am hearing... Chloe, Cooper and Matt discuss the location of a game. Matt has the day off which is super exciting. We love having him home.

I am learning... I'm not really sure.

I am praying... I'm praying the Mark 9:24 verse.

1 comment:

  1. I miss LifeChurch!! I can't believe we missed Cars at the Movies!!!!! I miss Megan. I miss Bville friends. I don't miss Bville fireworks-always disappointing...I need that spicy chkn recipe! :) yummmmmmy

    ReplyDelete

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14