Monday, August 8, 2011

Weekly "I AM"

"But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed steadily into heaven and saw the glory of God, and he saw Jesus standing in the place of honor at God's right hand. And he told them, "Look, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing in the place of honor at God's right hand!" -Act 7:55-56


"As they stoned him, Stephen prayed, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit." He fell to his knees shouting, "Lord, don't charge them with this sin!" And with that, he died." -Acts 7:59-60

Outside my window... I have no idea as the blinds are closed to keep the cool air in. Do I sound like a
broken record? It's hot.... still.

I am thinking... Chloe has an "evaluation" in the morning for Pre-K. I'm kind of nervous about her going to school. She is so sweet an innocent. Pre-K kids are sweet and innocent any more. My plan is to give her until Christmas and we will re-evaluate. Home schooling isn't out of the picture, it's just not the plan as of now.

I'm also still thinking about yesterday's message. It was on "BOLD Prayers." It was a life changing message. When Craig brings those, they stick with me for a while. As does if I read something profound, it lingers in my mind and heart. My way of digesting and putting into practice what I've learned. Love when God does that; bugs me. ha!

I have an idea of something to do that is crazy, but would be something worth doing I think. I haven't made it official yet, so I'm not sharing, but as soon as it's official, I'll share.

This summer has been a weird one. I wish I could have done more things with the kids outside of this house! Just too hot. It would have been nice to go to the zoo a few times or the splash pad but having Colbie out there is also an issue. Matt said the other night, "Gosh everyone is somewhere cool." I looked at him, threw up my arms and said, "I KNOW!" It was my effort of 'dropping a hint.'

I'm planning to cook... Nothing!! I implemented 'sandwich days' last week. It's too hot to grocery shop and nothing sounds good to stand over a stove and cook. SO, I have implemented 'sandwich week.' This week will be all sorts of sandwiches; PB & J and grilled cheese. I might toss in some chicken breasts in the crock later this week if I'm feeling crazy.

I am reading... I finished Jaycee Dugard's book. Very graphic at points and very disturbing in the beginning, but I powered through and I'm planning on giving the book to the library. She's a tough woman though!

Now I'm reading The Cross and the Switchblade. I guess it's a well known book. I must live under a rock because I had not heard of it. This preacher in the book, he was BOLD!! WOW!

I am hearing... People's Court. Love that show. Also hear Coop and Chloe playing. They are actually playing nicely!

I am learning... To be Bold not only in my prayers but in life.

I am praying... Bold prayers. I will share two of them. One prayer is for complete healing from my MS. The other is for the Horn of Africa to have rain, food and peace. For the babies to survive and for aid to make it to them without opposition. Pray those with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14