Thursday, December 15, 2011

Family Vacay: Great Wolf Lodge

We are on our first real family vacation since Colbie was born!

Destination: Great Wolf Lodge or Big Wolf Lodge if you are Chloe.

We've had reservations for a while, then I came across a Groupon. It was a much better deal than I got so we jumped on it. So glad I did because our room is a million times better than what I had originally reserved. Couldn't afford this room without the Groupon.

I was worried how Colbie would travel. She tends to flip out when we drive to church and that's 40 minutes away. That little booger slept from the moment we left and didn't wake until we were in Caddo, Oklahoma! That's about 3 hours. She just did so great.

The lodge is decorated like winter and Christmas. It truly is magnificent. I'll take pictures and post them. The kids are at story time right now, I'm in the room with a sleeping Colbie. Somehow they make it snow in the lobby! I haven't seen it yet, but I can only imagine how cool it is.

Colbie is a fish!! We knew she'd love it here because she goes NUTS when we take her out of the bath tub. We swam for an hour and a half when we got here. When we told Cooper it was time to get out, well he went nuts. He looks cute when he goes nuts so everyone around us was trying not to laugh. I said it's time to go, he said no and baby stepped his way back to the water while keeping his eye on me, wondering if I was going to come get him. It was really funny.

The last time we were here, Chloe had a hard time touching in the kid pool. It's amazing how much she has grown. I can let her go play and just tell her where we are sitting. She being a first born, follow the pack kind of girl, she doesn't like to play alone. Cooper on the other hand, will play all day and not care if anyone is with him.

Is it worth the cashola it costs to come here?

Every. Dime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14