Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Big Cedar Cont'd

For my 30th birthday I made reservations for Matt and I at our favorite place on the planet; Big Cedar Lodge. I reserved the usual cottage; the ones we have always stayed in.
When we checked in, the man behind the counter spoiled Matt's surprise...

Matt finagled an upgrade to this!

We have always wanted to stay in these cabins on the water, but they are expensive. My dear husband was able to get ours for the price of the cottage! It made me love him more and I didn't think that possible. To this day, he won't tell me what he said to make this happen.

I walked inside and there was a birthday cake from BCL and flowers from Matt! He had them delivered.


The cottages we usually stay in have a full size bed. The cabins by the water have kings!
Stained glass is all over the whole place. Each building has wonderful stained glass windows.

The bathroom had a jacuzzi tub and a shower with four shower heads on the wall and one in the ceiling. I didn't use the jacuzzi out of fear of getting over heated, but Matt put it to good use.

My cake.
The cabin had a magnificent deck with views of the grounds across the lake.

Looking at our cabin from across the lake.

View from Worman House, where we eat breakfast, enjoy a cup of coffee and get mesmerized by the vistas.

The first morning, we met the man sitting next to us. He was wearing a BassPro shirt and all the waiters and waitresses knew him. We began talking; he was local. Through conversation we learned he is a published author.

Now, he never told us the names of his books or what he has written, but Matt knew this guy was somewhat important. How did he know? The obvious, he was wearing a BassPro shirt. *said with great sarcasm* I mean we are on BassPro property just outside of Sprinfield. Ya the shirt is definitely a symbol of importantness.

It wasn't until we got home and saw what he has accomplished. If you check out his site, you will see one particular item Matt was very excited to see. Any guesses?
Thursday night we went to Buzzard Bar for a birthday dinner and entertainment. A singing cowboy comes in the evenings. He is so funny and very talented. There were a few people who had too much to drink and the cowboy made so much fun of them. Oh my gosh, Matt was cracking up and I cracked up at Matt laughing.

Don't worry dear ol' pond, I'll return soon.

Until then good buddy, catch a fish.

They have fabulous deals going on for the month of February! You can score a cabin like ours for the price of the cottage! Make a reservation, I promise it's worth it!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun relaxing place to go! Hope you had a great birthday! My 30th is coming up in a few weeks- maybe I should make Kurt take me somewhere! :) Loved your post about talking to the girl in wal-mart about turning 30. Made me think & I totally agree with you- much better than life at 20!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great relaxing time and nice upgrade by the way! Your right about being 30, you just need to embrace it, especially when you have what you want in life.

    ReplyDelete

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14