Wednesday, January 12, 2011

AIM AT HEAVEN

I love C.S. Lewis quotes! I am constantly telling Matt something Lewis has said.

Well for Christmas, Matt bought me "The Quotable Lewis: An encyclopedic selection of quotes from the complete published works of C.S. Lewis."

Now that's an insightful hubby! He heard what I talk about and hunted down a book. Such a great gift!

Looking through the book, I found a quote that I decided will be our family mantra.

"Hope...means...a continual looking forward to the eternal world...It does not mean that we are to leave the present world as it is. If you read history you will find that the Christians who did the most for the present world were just those who thought most of the next...It is since Christians have largely ceased to think of the other world that they have become so ineffective in this. Aim for Heaven and you will get earth 'thrown in": aim at earth and you will get neither."* -C.S. Lewis

My prayer for my family, is that we are constantly 'aiming for heaven.' That we are more concerned about others than our self, that we reach out to the lost, that we get all God has for us "thrown in."

Are you aiming at Heaven or will you end up with neither?


*The Quotable Lewis
Section, HOPE
Quote #731
p. 305

*Mere Christianity, bk. III,
chap. 10, para. 1,
p. 118

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14