Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Closing Shop

Since Thanksgiving, my mind has been a whirlwind of thoughts. I'll spare you most of them, but there are a few things that I'm going to share.

When I began this blog, however many years ago, it was to journal without writing. Writing with a pen seems to hold my thoughts hostage since I can't write as fast as my thoughts flow. When I started blogging, it was fun. Then the barrage of spam comments hit and I began to find this site more of a burden that a blessing.

I post pictures of my kids on here for you, my friends and family, to see and for showing them off. HA! I put some security measures in place so they could not be copied, but those measures do not work in some capacities. I'm not sharing what capacities those may be because I do not know who reads this. But I began to feel uncomfortable about my kids' pictures being so vulnerable.

I began tossing around the idea of not posting pictures of the kids, but that bugs me because this is my site, my thoughts. I want to print this blog and having the pictures gives this life of mine a timeline that seems to fly by when I blink.

I began tossing around the idea of closing shop all together, but that bugs me because even though I don't write as much, I still need to get things off my chest every once in a while. I don't want to have to go buy a nice journaling pen when I have a nice blogging keyboard.

I think my only viable option is to make this thing private. Then I know who sees my pictures and if they are "stolen" at least I know I can trust that person.

See this all started when I realized anyone, from anywhere could use my twitter photos in what ever manner they pleased. That scares me. And yes, since that thought crossed my mind, I have twitter pictures of the kids, but I am tapering off on that. It's just a dangerous virtual world and I can't have them part of it even though I love it.

So what am I to do? I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14