Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Perspective...

Earlier today I wrote about my crazy trip to the park with Chloe and Cooper, then 5:30pm rolled around and I watched the national evening news. I rarely watch the national new, too much politics and too much sadness.

I happened to be pumping at 5:30, the tv was on. I saw pictures of the damage the earthquake caused in China... I am humbled and guilt ridden.

I complain about going to the park and it being difficult for me. The reality of it all is I have my two kids. I'm not standing outside crumbled buildings, my throat parched, my eyes dried from all the tears shed, my belly aching, not because I'm hungry but because I am sick with fear; fear of the worst. I am not clinging to the possibility my child may come out from underneath the impossible. No, I sit here at my computer in my own world and complain about my trip to the park; forgive me for it will happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14