Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Matt and I aren't big Valentiny people. This will be our 5th Valentine's together and in those 5 years we haven't gotten each other anything. That's been our choice, don't worry. For those of you that know me, I tend to have a rebellious streak in me, which is good for some things and bad for others. I think Chloe has that same rebellious streak in her too, uho. If someone tells me I have to do something I tend to do the opposite; on things like this. I'm not into the "tell me you love me b/c society says so" idea.


For me, now I preface this w/ "for me," I would find it much more romantic if Matt and I went out on a date when it wasn't a day someone in the candy, flower, card and restaurant industry said we need to go out. I find this "holiday" a little Conspiracy Theory. haha

One thing is for certain though, I will be making a trip to Wal-Mart tomorrow and I will be purchasing some of the left over candy for 50% off! Since I have a child who LOVES stuffed animals and the non-stuffed variety, I will most likely purchase her one of the stuffed breed for 50% off as well. Not as a Valentine's but more as an "I love you honey b/c it's Friday" gift.

I can see though, especially after having a child, how Valentine's can give that "back from vacation" feeling. It kind of is a good pick me up or a nice tap on the shoulder for those of us that have gotten side tracked w/ the kids, work and or school, especially for men who are married to stay-at-home moms.

I read where over 1BILLION dollars will be spent this Valentine's on chocolate! Makes you wish you were a chocolate connoisseur huh?


As you are reading this you are probably saying to yourself, "Gosh, who gave Megan the mean Valentine card in school?" No, that didn't happen... I don't think. Please don't think of me as a mean, negative person. I will probably make a card and have it be from Chloe for her dada, but I will not be purchasing anything.

For those of you going all out tonight w/ your sexy lingerie, good grub and candlelit dinners; I do wish you a fantastic time! I wonder how many babies are going to be conceived through out the U.S tonight?!!




I will be buying these... at 50% off!! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14