Friday, February 1, 2008

Snow Day











This is what I got to wake up to Thursday morning! It was so beautiful! I tried all day to teach Chloe how to say "snow." It always came out as "no."
Doesn't look like much snow, but as the day progressed we received much more. I just don't have pictures of it.


Today, I decided I need to take Chloe outside and play. She has never played in snow before, so I thought today would be a good time to basically torture her.


She fell and couldn't get up b/c I'm a bad mom and she doesn't have any gloves, so she couldn't put her hands down. The other reason? She is dressed like Ralphy's brother in "The Christmas Story." If she could she would be saying, "Help Ralphy! I can't get up, I can't get uuuppp!!" So I pick her up put her on the driveway, that I shoveled yesterday before Matt came crutching in. I didn't want him to hurt his good leg.





I'm not sure if you can see what she is chasing, but there is a cat. She is running down the driveway meowing. Of course she is heading towards the part I did not shovel. You will notice the huge patch of ice just in front of her. Yes she does hit it, but I manage to waddle my way down there and catch her before she hurt herself. I had cleverly left my YakTrax in the truck, so no traction for me.


After waving good-bye to the kitty...


I picked her up and placed her in the snow for a few more photos before her hands completely froze.


The time difference between these two shots is literally seconds. She went from "oohh" to "uuhh" quite fast. We went straight inside and I apologized for having not bought her any gloves or boots.






No comments:

Post a Comment

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14