Friday, February 13, 2009

Recession Proof Sweethearts?

Matt and I don't purposefully celebrate Valentine's Day. Never have probably never will. My preacher says, "I don't need a candy sponsored day to tell me to tell my wife that I love her. So I will wait until February 15, go buy the candy half price and bring it home. See the joke's on you! You pay full price and I'll pay half price and get the same reaction."



(Chloe has put all her animals on her pillow and she's sleeping on her blankets. Now that's sacrifice.)

I do have to admit though, I'm getting the itch to buy Chloe a huge stuffed bear. She's a stuffed animal vulture. (example above) She lurks around trying to find one she can love on and carry around. I'm surprised Matt hasn't succumb to her sweetness and purchased her one. He came home the other day after a visit to Wal-Mart, "Megan, do you think we should get something for Chloe?"

"Ya, I guess if you want." I wasn't really excited about the idea, but then I took Chloe to Wal-Mart and I said to Matt, "Matt, do you think we should get something for Chloe?" He laughed because he knew my heart melted when I saw her with the animals in the Valentine's aisle. Here is a re-creation.

Chloe: "Ahhh *kisses bear* momma a bear! Grrr. Ahhh momma nother bear. *kisses the other one* Ahh momma a rog. (frog) *kisses the frog* Ahhhh momma more bears. Bye bear, bye rog."

Me: "I know honey. Ya, honey. Kiss it bye honey. Ok ya, give it a hug and a kiss."

She's very polite.

Chloe did have a Vday party at MDO. She got so much candy, luckily she doesn't know what candy is. While searching through the stash, I found some Sweethearts. You know the ones with the writing on them. I was going to glue the Sweethearts onto scrapbook paper and write a little poem using the hearts. For Matt of course.




This is what I found inside.


I've decided Necco, the heart maker, has found a cost saving way to make their hearts..... with out words and looking like they've already been sucked on and put in the box. Yum.



Nothing says "I love you" like a blank half eaten heart.

4 comments:

  1. Aaron and I don't celebrate either. For the very fact stated by Craig. But, I too want to buy my sweet baby girl a big stuffed animal. I would then have to get something for the boys and I just don't know what that would be. So I get nothing for anyone. I hope you have a fantastic day with your LOVE tomorrow, however you decide not to celebrate =)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those conversation hearts are completely gross, and I never understood what the big deal was about them. I'm more of a chocolate kind of girl... preferably a Snicker's Almond bar, and I could care less if it says 'be sweet' on it. I'll eat it anyways. I can't believe Chloe is still in a crib... I'm jealous. absolutely jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what kind of message you could have made for Matt out of the one or two letters visible from the already sucked on hearts.

    I was talking with K-Nash just a minute ago about our Brenthood days. Ah, memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That made me laugh. You have a great sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14