Friday, April 15, 2011

Slow In Speech

Recently, I was asked to give my testimony... in front of people, women, moms, more than my close friends, strangers, a group of women. Eek!

My first reaction was, "Of Course!"

My second reaction was, "Oh I had better pray about it."

Third reaction came about an hour later, but it was God, "Pray about it, Megan? Are you serious? You need to ask me if you should share MY story? Humph."

Fourth reaction was from me, "But you know I don't speak as well as I used to. I get lost in my thoughts, I can't keep a thought, I can't think of words at times... You know. My speaking is not as easy as my writing."

Fifth reaction, with Scripture reference, from God, "And? What about Moses."

Exodus 4:10-12


But Moses pleaded with the Lord, "O Lord, I'm not very god with words. I never have been, and I'm not now, even though you have spoken to me. I get tongue-tied, and my words get tangled."


11)Then the Lord asks Moses, "Who makes a person's mouth? Who decides whether people speak or do not speak, hear or do not hear, see or do not see? Is it not I, the Lord?

12) Now GO! I will be with you as you speak, and I will instruct you in what to say."

I may not struggle with my words like Moses, who is believed to suffer from stuttering, I still have issues with words coming to my mind.


So with my tail between my legs, I will obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14