Sunday, April 17, 2011

Summer Of The Crockpot

I've made an executive decision.

Our house is old; 1950's. This means that when the AC is on, we cool the 2 feet radius around our house. This also means when the heater is on we warm the 2 feet radius around our house. Point. Our house is not efficient. If I use the oven, my house will be warm all day long, therefore in the summer time, I rarely use the oven.

The decision:

THEME: CROCKPOT the summer in which I use my crockpot liberally.

This summer I will challenge myself to not use the oven for cooking our dinners. I will still use the stove top, but phase out the use of the dreaded oven.

I found a recipe the other day and have cooked it three times in the past 2 weeks. It's on the invite list to the crockpot party. If you have a crockpot meal you love share it with me!

 Crockpot Chicken Tacos (with leftovers for Tortilla Soup)

Forgive me if i misplaced an A in for the O in the word crockpot any where in this post. I do not proofread.

1 comment:

  1. Megan,
    I find that if I set my crockpot on top of the stove & run the range fan that my kitchen stays even cooler when I crockpot & it also doesn't get that overpowering cooking smell that lingers.
    Or perhaps I'm the only one who gets that stale 2nd day crockpot smell?

    I like your idea of the crockpot for summer. Please keep sharing the good recipes you find!

    ReplyDelete

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14