Friday, July 25, 2008

It's Like Riding a Bike...

Whistling. It's like riding a bike right? You never forget.

Well, one would think, but as of today, I can no longer whistle. I had a good whistler too and now it's gone! GONE I TELL YA!!!

My only guess is this: I am a teeth grinder. I wear a mouth guard, but haven't bought a new one in an embarrassingly amount of time. My teeth have really felt like they are moving around a lot lately, especially with all that is going on or lack there of. (moving, packing, searching, selling, buying, fixing, mowing, corralling etc.) Those things aren't directly causing my teeth to move. It's my thinking about those things, grinding my teeth and then they move and my gums recede.

If I place a finger just above the top of my lip, in the cleft part, and below my nose, the middle lower part that attaches to your upper lip and lift ever so slightly as to turn my upper lip slightly outward, I can whistle. As soon as I move my finger; no more whistle, just the sound of air leaving my body.

So either, my face has drooped in the past 3 days, I've had a stroke of the upper lip, I need a face lift, my teeth have shifted or my face forgot how to form into a whistler. I'm not sure, but one thing I know. I can no longer whistle.

2 comments:

  1. How often does one really need to whistle anyway? My mom used to alert the entire neighborhood to when it was time for us to come inside from down the street, but now they just make cell phones....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so this post had me literally cracking up in the middle of the library. This is classic, Megan, just classic!

    ReplyDelete

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14