Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Do You Know What May Is?

I had a skin scare back in November of 2008. I had a spot removed from my chest that looked rather bothersome to the doctor. It didn't bother me, in fact I really didn't think twice about that spot. I always thought the moles were the ones that were scary. Not so. It ended up not being skin cancer, but had it gone undetected and not been removed it is possible it would have ended up being cancerous. "What did it look like before it was removed?" Just an everyday freckle. It was darker than any of the other freckles on my body, almost black. It was about the size of a pencil eraser. But size does not always matter.

Anyways, I thought I'd tell you May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month.

Sooo, find the nearest dermatologist and make an appointment for a skin check. Dermatologists across the country are offering FREE skin checks. Here is the link www.aad.org/public/exams/screenings

Because I spent way too much time laying out and not as much, but still too much time in the tanning beds, I will visit Dr. Anderson every 6 months for the rest of my life. That's what I get.

Research shows that the UVA rays you get at the tanning salon are three times more powerful than rays from natural summer sunshine.

Here is a really good article in Ladies Home Journal that is full of good, life saving information.

This is what I use EVERY SINGLE DAY. It has become my new normal for my morning routine. It came recommended by my doctor. I even use it on the kids.

It contains Helioplex which is very important. FYI: Helioplex is a sun protection technology that combines two active ingredients: avobenzone and oxybenzone. It's used by Neutrogena in their new products to provide strong protection against UVA and UVB rays.

Here is a link that will inform you on how to buy sunscreen and teaches you about SPF, it's very helpful.


"Do I still want to lay out?" If I wasn't fat, yes, yes I still want to lay out, BUT I desire to be alive for my children even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14