Monday, May 25, 2009

Going To The Doctor

Tomorrow, Tuesday, afternoon I'm off to the doctor. A few weeks ago I went back to the back doctor *rim shot* and he suggested I get an epidural injection in my lumbar region and in the cervical region of my spine.

I've had them before in my lumbar and they didn't work, but I am hopeful. I am hopeful this will at least allow me to be semi-normal ie. not as much tingling in leg and arm.

I told him I wanted to be able to run again and that I had a few lbs. I wanted to lose before we have another crazy child. His answer was slightly confusing but I get it... he said.

"You know, I used to surf. But I spend most everyday hunched over an operating table and that has really caused my back and neck to become very stiff. Because of that, I have had to change my lifestyle so I can still take care of my family and my patients. I don't surf anymore and I do somethings differently, so I can still operate on my patients. You can still go for a walk, and possibly a brisk one, or you can use an elliptical." ( I gave him a look of 'are you serious?') "Ya, I know you'd like to go and hit the pavement and just get it, the workout, over with, but that just may not happen. Because you have the cyst in your neck, your symptoms may not 100% go away. You will probably have moments of tingling and moments where you think everything is fine. But we can alleviate the tingling with the injections. That will at least help with your discs. You may have to change the way you do a few things so you can take care of your kids and yourself."

So his answer was not what I wanted to hear. BUT BUT, I do not have MS and my symptoms have not been as bad, lately. I have my moments that put me out of commission for about an hour, but once they pass I'm ok.

I may not be able to run, but I guess I can swim. I like to swim anyways... as long as the water is warm.

So say a prayer around 3:30ish as I will be taken back and a humungo needle put into my spine. Good times, good times.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck, I hope all goes well tomorrow. Thanks for the updates, I've been praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow! Let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you girl. Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying hard for you. I know how much you love to run, but I agree with your doc...don't you want to be able to run and play with your kids instead of watching them from a chair... Love ya girl, let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14