Friday, August 8, 2008

China Revisited

A few days ago, I posted some of my gripes I had about China. I just want people to know I have tweaked my perspective a little. I still 100% disagree with some of the things they do and the way they behave, BUT some of the things they do and some of the ways they behave I am starting to like.

I will compare again to a friend coming over.

China handed out manuals to their people on ettiquete towards the Americans. I think that's really nice. They also took dog meat of most of the menus around the country, probably mainly around the Olympic site. We would behave a certain way if we had important guests arriving at our home. We would ask our children to be respectful and we wouldn't serve something that might be offensive.

I think they are doing their best to try and be welcoming despite their in your face flaws. I can appreciate their efforts.

Go USA... Remember the opening ceremonies begin tonight at 6:30 on NBC!! You can see pictures of it online... China is a day ahead, which is why everything will have already happened when we see it, at least most of the time I would assume.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14