Thursday, August 28, 2008

M.O.P.S.

Can you believe it's that time of year again?! M.O.P.S. is back-Mother's of Preschoolers.

Last year was my first year and I really really enjoyed it. I looked forward to those two Mondays in the month where I got to dump Chloe with her friends while I got to be with mine. It was nice.

If you are wondering what a meeting is like, it's pretty basic. We don't sit around with our Bibles and sing "Kumbaya." We will eat some snacks, do a craft, possible watch a video or listen to a speaker then discuss at will what the video or speaker had to say. It's just a really nice, relaxing, come as you are, time. Even if 'as you are' is covered in stinky spit-up, pooped stained shirt, hair a mess, it doesn't matter because most likely I will walk in looking and smelling the same! Only my messy hair is in a hat.

So if you are in the Bartlesville area and want to meet other moms of youngsters, please come.

The first meeting is Sept. 8.
First Baptist Church of Bartlesville
405 SE Cherokee Ave Bartlesville, OK 74003
(918) 336-6172
Meets: 2ND & 4TH M, EVERY M at 9:15-11:15AM

I am a discussion group leader, wahoo! thanks Betsy for asking, and I would love to see you there! Whether you go to a church or not, this is just a way for you to meet other moms, eat good food and learn how to be a better mom and wife; I know I could use all the help I can get, ask my children and my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14