Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Today

Here is today, in all its Daylight Savings Time glory. Apparently, I can't handle even one hour difference and neither can my Chloe. I will definitely NOT be moving to the east coast anytime soon.

I was going to have blood drawn today to check all of its tenants, but have decided to start the doctor process over, from the beginning, like, the beginning.

I went to the chiropractor last Friday b/c in 2005 I had an episode like the one I have been having since January of 2009. (tingling leg, hand, can't feel leg in space)

In 2005, I was MRI'd and tested for M.S and all came back fine, so said the neurologist then. He referred me to a shrink. Jerk! I'd give his name, but I can't remember it, lucky him.

When I went to the chiro. last Fri. she said she wasn't going to jump to any serious conclusions... I knew that meant MS, so I tell her I had been tested and all was fine. She then dropped a bombshell on me saying that the episodes can come and go and it maybe didn't show up the first time on the MRI. *gasp & gulp*

She got a hold of my 2005 MRI pictures of my sexy back and read the doctors notes. It said, I had a bulging disc in my lumbar region and some fluid sac thing in my neck. (that was in 2005)She thought maybe the disc is worse and is causing the tingling.

I don't know. If I tilt my head forward, look down, I get tingly in my right leg and in my left hand. She didn't know if the fluid sack would cause this or not. I am not constantly tingling. Only when I get out of bed in the morning and if I run, jump or lifting the kids out of bed can cause a sensation. Tilting my head adds fuel to the fire.

I talked to my mom, who advised me to dump the chiro, respectfully b/c she really was great and not money hungry. I need to see a neuro surgeon.

So today...

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth.

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
-Robert Frost

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite poems. Let me know if I can help with the kids.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I want to know if you still had that memorized from HS?? I hope I can put your mind at ease that all the things you talk about bringing on your tingling sound like they are disc related. The only weird thing is that when you bend your head fwd you can get tingling in your leg. That's sorta odd, but it could also just be a sign of neural tension--tension on your nerve roots that you are eliciting by stretching your spinal cord with the fwd bend of your head. Just typically you wouldn't feel it in your leg from your neck. That's the only odd thing, but other than that it sounds to me like it's disc related in both your neck and back. I hope that eases your mind some.

    I think tingling is a good excuse for a chai latte by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14