Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Nomads

If you know me, you know that in the almost 6 years I've been married to Matt we have moved 7 times! That's counting the little moves, like we had to live with Matt's youngest brother for about a month (long story) then we lived at the Holiday Inn. in Winona, Minnesota for almost 2 months (Matt had training). So I consider us very nomadic, however I thought we had left the nomadic life when we moved to Bartlesville. I was wrong.


A few weeks ago, Matt applied for a new/different position within Fastenal. This position would take us to the Owasso area, or thereabouts. He applied and the both of us knew if he didn't get it, then that was fine, it would be what God wanted and if he got it that was fine as well because again, it would be what God wanted. I was nervous, only because change can be nerve wracking. I am a girl who doesn't like change and my whole life has been dealing with sudden changes, you would think I would be used to it know; I'm not.


We found out last night that Matt did get the job! He's very excited and I'm very nervous. I'm mainly nervous for him, I know he can do it, I just get nervous. You want your husband and or kids to be successful and thrive in what ever they do and it's normal to be nervously excited for their new challenges.


What was great, was when we applied we 100% believed that what ever was to happen was going to be the best plan for us. We were looking at it this way: God has already decided who is getting the job,we're just willing to go or stay where he puts us. Our life story consists of getting comfy followed by a move. ;) Good thing Matt used to work for a moving company. Boy he sure knows how to pack a truck! I told you ladies before I have the best husband! ;)


We probably won't move until the fall. I say that, but like I said my life is full of changes, so don't get too comfy.

3 comments:

  1. What tha??? That's awesome! I want details....call me later :) Tell Matt we said CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy for you! I wish you still lived with us. It was fun!! We had no kids. That was a long time ago=) Call me so we can talk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So where do you think you will live We will be so close? That is exciting.

    ReplyDelete

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14