Monday, June 2, 2008

Thank You!

I sit here. I just hit the Publish Post button which posted my thoughts on my high school reunion; I begin to think. (watch out) The reality of Cleveland is; I should be thankful. If it hadn't been for two teachers, I may not have become a Christian.

Flashback over 10 years...

There was a group of us girls who ran around together. We were lucky enough to get into Oklahoma History together. (Who every arranged that must of hated the teacher.) Everyday we were told, "Girls, be quiet." Finally, the teacher separated us. (hello? finally)

Summer before my senior year... That same teacher (he was also a FB coach) and another teacher (my softball coach) asked if I would be interested in going to an FCA Summer Camp. I told them yes. Two went from my school, a guy and myself.

The camp we attended was FCA's Leadership Camp. What an amazing place and organization.

It was at that camp where the Heavens rejoiced!! My name was written. I got saved.

If it hadn't been for Coach Rhoads and Coach Boomer; I may not have what I have or be where I am. Their decision to send me I'm sure was a tough one for Coach Boomer. It was in his class I was probably rude (laughing too much). He must of seen something in me or was talked into sending me by Coach Rhoads. That moment in time when they said, "Let's send Megan and Mark," changed my life.

Flash to college...

I went back to Cleveland during my freshman year in college and spoke to the FCA group. God was working. It was at that meeting where I met an FCA Staff guy, Kize, and he invited me to be a huddle leader for the same camp that saved me!!! So the summer after my freshman year in college (1999) and for the next 2 years, I spent my summers volunteering at FCA Camps across Oklahoma and Colorado! I met amazing people, made life long friends (you know who you are) and changed lives!!!

All because two people believed in me despite my juvenile flaws.

1 comment:

  1. That is SO awesome! I loved Leadership camp. I think it's the best FCA camp out there. :) Sweet post.

    ReplyDelete

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14