Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Color Purple

"CARTOOOOOONS, CARTOOOONS!" yells Chloe. She became enraged when I changed the channel to watch The Inauguration events. I kept saying, "This is history in the making honey." With which she'd respond, "CARTOOOOONS!"

"Chloe the cartoons are over, " I lied, "and this is a big deal. You need to remember this."
"CARTOOOONS!" She has begun to sob and thrash on the floor.

"Ya, Mommy is watching this but you may continue slamming your head on the floor. That hurts no one but yourself. Remember that too."

I'm trying to document the events in Chloe's journal while she yells and Coop freaks out. He's not feeling well.

When Big Daddy George and Barbara Bush walked out onto the balcony area. I noticed their scarfs. They were purple. I hear the partial and annoying Katie Couric say, "....I think their purple scarfs are symbolic. I think they are stating there are no party colors today. Blue and red make purple."

I thought it was very meaningful. Some might have thought it tasteless. Those people who thought it such need to shut their pie holes.

I found the whole event very inspiring, powerful and for lack of a better word, neat.

One of the stations interviewed two of the Freedom Riders. They were so excited and moved to see today's events and their hard work come to fruition.

I watched Pres. George W.'s plane fly off. He is no longer the President, but now the Former. I felt a sadness for him, accompanied by an excitement for his new life with his wife. One of the news casters said, "Laura bought the house in Dallas and he has never seen it. So he'll show up to a new house she picked for him."

I thought that was neat. One person chimed, "Well, that's odd." But another person, who was traveling with the Former said, "He wants it that way and was ok with it all."

Regardless where you fall on the color wheel of politics, today there is only one color on that wheel.

The color purple.

Today is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it.

2 comments:

  1. Well said Megan. Today my color is purple.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!

    And great post, too.

    ReplyDelete

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14