Wednesday, January 14, 2009

From the Mouth of Chloe

"Pete and Repeat were on a boat. Pete got off. Who was left?"
"Repeat"
"Pete and Repeat were on a boat. Pete got off. Who was left?"
"Repeat"
"Pete and Repeat.....

Chloe, like most 2 year olds, is in repeat mode. Matt was getting her dressed for church on Saturday (our church has a sat. service) and I heard him say, "Go tell you Mom what you just said." She comes in my room and I hear, "U ba cog nize momma." (I was just as clueless as you are now.) "What?" I ask her? I hear Matt translate her jumbled words from the living room, "You best recognize Momma," is what she said. "Ohhh," (I can hear it after the translation.) So we had fun teaching her how to tell Cooper, "You best recognize Cooper." Then we'd teach her, "You best recognize Daddy." It was fun, we're such good parents.


On the way home from church, Chloe's in the back seat watching Milo and Otis for the 1 millionth time. Matt is explaining the difficulty of something and he uses the word, "crap shoot." As soon as the words spill out of his mouth and across his lips, you could tell he wanted to reach out and grab it and stuff it back into his big mouth, but that is not humanly possible, in case you were wondering. Two seconds later, from the back seat we hear, "rap shoot, rap shoot." Matt and I quietly loose all composure and laugh so hard tears fill my eyes. "I need to watch what I say huh?"
"Ya, I guess so." I said thinking, "Did you just now realize she repeats things?"

She hasn't said it since, but it sure was funny.

3 comments:

  1. That is adorable! She is way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment cracked me up, especially the part about 10 Little Lady Bugs being a thriller. You so funny, Missus Knox!

    ReplyDelete

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -Corinthians 5:14